fot

Re: Pertronix Ignitor

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <triumph_marx@freenet.de>,
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor
From: "patrickmannion1" <patrickmannion1@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 08:37:51 -0700
Sorry I have not been more attentive in reading the thread of the Pertronics
ignition discussion. We have fitted quite a few of these. They are very easy
to fit and work well  (and are not as cumbersum or flimsy as the older
optical pickup and shutter wheel set up.) Several years ago we had a few
failures but I was then assured that they were now much more reliable. I
remember someone telling me they were not intended to be used with solid
core wire.I must call Petronixs and ask one of there engineers if this is
true.
Pat Mannion Engine Room, Santa Cruz Ca