fot

RE: Mallory Unilite Distributor

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com'" <WEmery7451@aol.com>, britcars@bellsouth.net,
Subject: RE: Mallory Unilite Distributor
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:13:58 -0700
Allows you to have a much longer dwell time (the period of time that the
points are closed and the coil has current flowing through it). The coil has
high inductive resistance, so it takes a relatively long time for the coil
to saturate. The longer you can keep the points closed and have current
flowing through the coil, the closer to saturation it will be, and the
higher the available voltage and power will be when the magnetic field
starts to collapse (points open)

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins