fot

Re: F1's Cluster

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: F1's Cluster
From: <triumph_marx@freenet.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:46:08 +0200
The Europe view:
The Michelin teams were offered 3 solutions according to the rules:
1. Drive slower at this turn
2. Change tires every ten laps and receive the punish for that
3. install the new tires Michelin flewed in over night and do the race with new
tires an be punished for changing tires.

The Michelin teams wanted a track change ( chicane) which is against the FIA
rules because the tracklength is changed, the drivers didn't practise on and
the chicane isn't accepted by the FIA officials.

Black day for the F1 reputaion - especialy in USA. Sad for the paying people at
the track.

Chris