fot

lucas dizzy

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: lucas dizzy
From: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:04:42 -0700
My feeble mind has a memory of using an MGA Twincam distributor
point plate.  My old local Brit part shop got it for me.  I think that the
twin cam dizzy had no vac advance and the point plate was a simple
one-piece deal that did not need to bve soldered up to obtain
stability.  I never took the motor over 6200 and had great power
at that speed so spark scatter was probably not a big deal.
 at least to that speed.
did not have a dizzy machine then so never tested it.  Sure wish i had
one back then tho (got two of 'em now) as it would have helped
 avoid melting a new set of forged venolias.
anybody else remember the dist plate i am talking about?  i have all
the old Lucas books from my old vendor and cannot find any reference to
a special plate.  ditto my MGA manual.
remember reading an old write up about the Bartz Chevys of '67 and the
article
claimed that they were using single point dizzies.

art de armond