fot

RE: Valve cover gasket>> 101

To: "'rob'" <19to1tr6@comcast.net>, "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Valve cover gasket>> 101
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:57:06 -0700
Rob,

Are you saying that you have NO valve cover gasket?  If that's the case,
then no wonder you have a large leak.  With the aluminum covers, you need to
glue the cork gasket to the cover with something like Permatex gasket
sealer.  I smear a thin layer of sealer on one side of the gasket and place
it on the valve cover.  After its set up for about 15-30 min,, I (carefully)
put the valve cover, gasket side down, on a flat surface with a large book
or weight on it and leave it overnight.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6