fot

Re: Mid Ohio Report

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Subject: Re: Mid Ohio Report
From: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:06:23 -0400
Henry, one reason for the fall out for the sprint races was likely the heat.
I know of at least two people who just packed up and went home.  Probably
more.  I also seemed to notice more cars with mechanical problems this
weekend.  The Healey guys had lots of track time during the weekend and might
have worn out some of their cars.  This was the last race of their US tour.

There were others invited to the meeting with Michelle, but might have been
racing or working on their cars.  I believe we were the only meeting, but
never asked Carl.

Someone at our meeting mentioned another track (Road America or the Glen)
where they paid $75 for RV parking with no services, so Mid Ohio is not the
only track doing this. Don't worry the issue was raised strongly but I don't
know of any plans to change this practice.

Read Bob Harrington's event report to get his feeling on the positive changes
he experienced.

http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.nsf/weblinks/EJEN-675QB7?OpenDocument

BTW, I've received an email that some of the Monoposto racers were very
unhappy with the organizers at Mospot and have threatened to delete Mosport
from their schedule in the future.  I guess it's getting harder to keep us
racer's happy!!

Jeff Snook
http://www.snooksdreamcars.com