fot

TR3/4 to FP

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3/4 to FP
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:06:17 GMT
I have been considering petitioning the SCCA to move TR3s and 4s from EP to FP,
where it may be a little more competitive.  A number of other EP cars have
moved to FP such as 914-4s, MGBs, VW Rabbits/Golfs.  Any of you SCCA TR3/4
racers have any opinions about this?  Hardy, I recall that you discussed this a
while ago but they wanted 83mm pistons.  What if we had them add 100 pounds to
the minimum weight and leave all else the same?  I am already 280# over the
minimum, so that will have no impact on me.  From all the steel body work that
I have seen on most racing TR3s lately I suspect that they are well over the
currently specified 1870 (with driver), so going to 1970 would have little
impact.  (My car is 2150 now with me and 2 gallons of fuel)  Joe(B)

Surfing so fast you won't believe it's not broadband!
Try NetZero HiSpeed 3G.
Visit http://www.netzero.com to sign up today!