fot

RE: TR3/4 to FP

To: Joe Boruch <jaboruch@netzero.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3/4 to FP
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
Joe, as much as I agree with you that what should change is a little more
weight, my intution tells me that it's going to take a lot more than that to
convince the Comp Board to reclassify it. A strong case is going to have to be
made. You will have to show them what a fully prepped TR3 and TR4 are capable
of (Hardy Prentice, Jack Wheeler), and compare and contrasts their lap times
with the lap times the cars are currently doing. Another thing to think about,
the best EP/FP MGB motors prepped to SCCA specs are in the 185+hp range. I
would have to imagine Hardy and Jack where at least putting out that much power
with their motors. Being that a EP TR3/4 is heavier than a EP MGB anyway I
think it would probally require the same restrictions to convince the SCCA ....
restricted to 4spd tranny's, 1 3/4" carbs only (though I think they should
still allow 2") and a slight bump up in weight. Though keep in mind that I
don't race (yet), this is what I think they would do from an outsiders
 stand point.

-Bob Adams

Joe Boruch <jaboruch@netzero.net> wrote:
2255# according to my shop manual, with fuel and fluids, but without occupants.
Joe(B)

-- Bill Babcock wrote:
Yikes. That's heavy. What does a stock TR3 weigh?