fot

Re: BTW points

To: JReed@wilson.com
Subject: Re: BTW points
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:28:54 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/2005 12:11:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
JReed@wilson.com writes:

> Subj:Re: BTW points
> Date:7/12/2005 12:11:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:    JReed@wilson.com
> To:    EDENMA@aol.com
> CC:    fot@autox.team.net, Guyots3@wmconnect.com, owner-fot@autox.team.net,
> triumph_marx@freenet.de
>
> You won't believe how bad Lucas caps and rotors have gotten. Just last
> season I've gotten parts that don't match up. Go to start the race car after
> tune-up only to watch the cap do a dance on the dizzy. The rotor destroyed
>all
> the contacts and itself. Fellow GT6 racer Jerry Barr gave me an original cap
> and one of my last old rotors, everything was fine. I can't believe how many
> unnecessary tune-ups I've done over the years and threw all those good parts
> out. I'm running Mallory now!!

John Reed

> Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
> Staff Photographer
> 773-490-8908

I agree completely, the Bosch repro caps were lasting me 2000 miles on a
Lucas distributor in good (15,000 mile) condition, and the rotor arms were
joined
together with an (often loose) rivet, unlike the originals. The material of
the repro caps is crap, it chips easily and they are loose. I don't know how
the
points and condensors are because I haven't used them for some long time now,
prefering Pertronix products.

Now I have a Mallory with Pertronix (the old ones, not the Mark 2)

No more problems

Leon