fot

RE: BRIC pile-up

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BRIC pile-up
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:40:23 -0700
I don't want to sound too holier than thou, when I'm on the pole I do
whatever I think I can get away with to get the best start, I'm sneaky, and
sometimes it still backfires. I almost always have a faster car beside and
behind me--Peyote handles great but it's a momentum car. So I usually try
something weasel-y like lifting a few seconds before I expect the green,
looking at the guy in two, so he lifts, the guy behind me lifts, I step on
it slightly so I'm headed for full throttle just as the green drops. Almost
undetectable from the tower, but it can backfire.

Still, no big nasty stuff for the guys in back because for the most part I
hold the pace, and if I don't win the drag race to the first corner, I just
back off and wait for things to stabilize. As long as you stay in contact
with the leader you can eventually get by at the right place and pull out
some lead.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins