fot

RE: TR3/Peerless info needed

To: <SpiwakD@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3/Peerless info needed
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:00:09 -0700
Dave:

The Peerless has a De Dion Tube rear end as one of it's primary
features.  Stuffing a TR3 axle assembly would make it roll around, but
methinks the modifications necessary are going to destroy the value of
the car.

The center section of the rear end is Salisbury, so parts should be
available.  The bearings for the tube assembly can't be that tough to
turn up.

There is a good UK web site on the marque, and before making any
modifications I'd strongly suggest your friend do some research and get
in touch with other owners for their suggestions.  There are not many of
these beasts around, so it would be a shame to butcher one for lack of
information.

http://www.peerless-gt.co.uk/home.htm

Is Dean out there?  If I remember correctly, his Peerless (or was it a
Warwick) is running some kind of interesting hybrid rear end with a
different diff.

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf