fot

TR6 rod bearing saga

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 rod bearing saga
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:42:36 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/2005 8:03:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:01:30 -0400
> From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
> Subject: TR6 rod bearing saga
>
> All,
>
> You may remember from 2 weeks ago my plea for sources of Vanderwall VP2 rod
> bearings.
>
> I thought I  found a cache at Dave Bean, but when they arrived, they were
> crap Glacier aluminum.
> Returned.
>
> Then I found "VP2 equivalents" at Vizard's APTFast.  They arrived last
> night.  Package says made by "Country" in the UK, but elsewhere in the box
> it says made in Israel.  They look suspiciously like crap aluminum, not
> lead/copper as advertized, but I could be wrong.
>
> Anyone had any experience with these Country bearings?
>
> Shane Ingate "doesn't anyone make decent metal anymore" in Maryland

Shane,

This issue was covered earlier by this list, I thought, however, I have seen
the 'country' bearings listed in the APT catalog, although it doesn't actually
mention the word 'country'.

If they are from Israel, then they are probably made by the 'King' bearing
company, and it is my understanding that they are indeed not plain aluminum.

<A HREF="www.kingbearings.com">www.kingbearings.com</A>

I believe that this is now the ONLY source of decent bearings for our
Triumphs.
It is also the source used by Canley Triumphs in Coventry.

Best Regards,

Leon