fot

RE: rods & vinrations

To: "FOT@autox.team.net" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rods & vinrations
From: Terry and Cindy <roadandtrack@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:11:39 -0000
every rotating part has harmonic vibrations at multiples of its natural
frequency. they dont just have it at one rev value.

despite that nice theory, i agree that TR6 2500 cranks mostly break in the
same place and after prolonged racing revs.

however, we have never had a properly prepared 6 cyl rod fail in nearly 30
years of Triumph racing. its always the cranks

we have found benefits from lighter pistons. we currently have an
experimental engine with mitsubish rods in it.

I recall the SPS bolts have only a few torque cycles before they should be
changed. someone may be able to confirm that. we have used them in our 4AG
Toyota race engines

terry O'beirne