fot

Politics of racing, and Monterey

To: "'GRMTim@aol.com '" <GRMTim@aol.com>,
Subject: Politics of racing, and Monterey
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:07:12 -0700
The HSR guys sure are popular on the West coast...not. Don't know why, but
I've heard all kinds of weird stuff, roughly ten percent of which I believe.
I think the big bitch is that they do "run what you brung" racing which some
folks believe will drive out the serious and valuable cars. I empathize, no
one wants the door of their Testarossa knocked in by some yahoo in a 240Z
(or for that matter, some yahoo in a Peyote, but that's a different issue).

I talked to your guys at the Concorso Italiano yesterday. That's a weird
venue for you. It's a weird event no matter what, I go every three or four
years to remind myself that I really hate it--a hundred bucks admission to
mingle with some of the biggest jerks in the car world. Next year, CRC.
there won't be as many trophy wives with trophy hooters for them to look at,
but they'll actually sell some subscriptions.