fot

Tires

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:26:12 EDT
FoTers,

I have been waiting so long to find race radials in 15" 60-series that I
almost gave up. I tried the Hoosier Vintage TD and only got 2 race weekends out
of
them as most of you report (tho much fun hanging the tail out!). I then tried
Kuhmo VictoRacers in 50-series. My fastest times ever but a) gearing becomes
short for long, fast tracks and b) they just don't look right on a 1960's era
car. So I was ready to place an order with Moss for 4 - 16" Panasports as an
early and expensive Christmas present and try a "plus-one" approach with
Kuhmos. Until Chris' message.

Yokohama HAS the Advan A048 competition radial in 205/60-15 size! Granted,
the tread patttern will do nothing for a "vintage" car, but it keeps my gearing
options the same as when I ran A008s. And I ordered and received shipping
confirmation from TireRack today so I'll have them for our next VARA race. More
$
than VictoRacers but about the same as TDs. I know NOTHING about these tires
other than they're a "competition radial" in the size I need....and they're OE
on a 2005 Lotus Elise Sport!

If I am dreaming or you can shoot me down with coldhardfacts, give me 2 days
of false satisfaction first!

John Frymark