fot

RE: CRC

To: "'Charly Mitchel'" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: CRC
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:48:43 -0700
Well, there will be me. I hope you folks are bringing some vintage clothing.
A lot of people are dressing up Goodwood style. My wife dragged me to
vintage clothing stores on Sunday. I've got a suit jacket that's extremely
cool 1950's--a kind of greenish yellow windowpane plaid. I make it look
GOOD. Also  got a seventies-style shirt that makes me look like a portly
John Travolta, and a BOY SCOUT outfit. Must have been one huge boy
scout--I'm assuming it was a Scoutmaster. I'll be STYLIN'

The party Saturday night is shaping up to be pretty unbelievable. Great band
(they bill themselves as a band for sensitive motorcycle gangs--that paints
a picture), Vintage fashion show with 25 models showing up in 1930's and
40's cars and some Rockabilly/Greaser models in 60's cars. I met with the MC
yesterday--she looks like Marilyn Monroe's cuter sister (I guess Marilyn
would be pretty old--how about granddaughter). And really funny. She's going
to go around with a wireless mike during breaks and interview the drivers,
crews and spouses. I didn't know whether or not that would be much fun until
she gave us a demo. Holy smokes.

The gas station looks absolutely amazing lit up with all that neon at night.
If it all works out just half as good as planned it will be a great event.