fot

RE: lessons

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: lessons
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:38:02 -0700
>   What about the Fed? They have been systematically defunding
> FEMA and the
> Army Corps of Engineers. The upgrade of the levy was scheduled
> recommended
> work and it was defunded by 75%. Subcontractors continued to work on the
> levy for free, even after the Federal money ran out (New Orleans is their
> home too). They worked until they ran out of materials.

Well, what about the Fed ?  They're not the ones who built a city below sea
level.  Seems to me that New Orleans should have to pay for their own
levees.

If we quit rewarding stupidity (Here, have millions of dollars because you
built your homes in a stupid place), we might have less of it.

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the victims of Katrina, and I've made
my own donations (even though I'm suspicious of how money is going to help
more than the things they are supposedly going to buy with that money ...
kinda like when the bum on the corner begs for money for food but throws a
hamburger in the trash).

But I'm getting just a bit tired of my tax money being passed out to people
*because* they did something stupid.

My garden wall fell down because I didn't build it right.  Why isn't the Fed
going to rebuild it for me ?

Randall