fot

Front Mounting Plate-TR3/4 Engine

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Mounting Plate-TR3/4 Engine
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:46:57 EDT
Aluminum Front Mounting Plate for TR3s and TR4s

Jack & I were discussing...during flight back from Portland.

I think we can replicate the front plate in Aluminum. One time production
run, only.

What is the ratio of weight from Steel to Aluminum?  3:1?

What is more important?:

Weight Reduction-I suppose the weight all of the way at the front counts more.
Chance to lower engine? 1/2"   3/4"   1"
Move engine back? 1/2" 3/4" 1"
Just because?

Price Point   $50-$100-$150

Jack would do it for the weight at $150
I would do it because it is 'trick' for $100
Survey says?

If there is enough interest, I will get a quote.  An order for 25 units would
likely get it done.

Joe Alexander