fot

Re: Axles for Spitfires?

To: Joe Guinan <joeg@neb.rr.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Axles for Spitfires?
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:42:23 -0700 (PDT)
Joe: I am in the process of getting a new price quote from Summer's on my
axles. I have two people that are in need of three sets so far (Steve A. you
are one of them). I'm sure of two things: they will be higher this time
($837.00 last time), and I'll get a break if we order more than five sets.
People on the list that have bought them before can tell you what they think of
them, but I do agree with Joe C., the diff will be the next weakest link. I had
the pleasure of seeing one of these diffs explode when the clutch was dumped on
a Spit with a 350 coupled to a T700. Quite spectacular! A cutdown Firebird rear
fixed it right up. Thanks - Ed

Joe Guinan <joeg@neb.rr.com> wrote:I have a friend in need of a set of racing
axles for his Spitfire. It's a
street Spit but with a super-clean Rover V8 installation - wheel bearing
burned up on him last weekend and he would like to upgrade while he's at it.
How is the Summers Brothers axle set working out for everyone? Is there
anyone else planning to purchase these soon? Let me know if there are other
axle sets he should consider.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, NE
joeg@neb.rr.com