fot

Re: Axles for Spitfires?

To: joeg@neb.rr.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Axles for Spitfires?
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:34:44 EDT
In a message dated 09/13/2005 10:27:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
joeg@neb.rr.com writes:

> I have a friend in need of a set of racing axles for his Spitfire.  It's a
> street Spit but with a super-clean Rover V8 installation - wheel bearing
> burned up on him last weekend and he would like to upgrade while he's at it.
> How is the Summers Brothers axle set working out for everyone?  Is there
> anyone else planning to purchase these soon?  Let me know if there are other
> axle sets he should consider.

A Spitfire with a Rover V8?

I don't think he needs new axles.  I think his mother should take the keys
away.

Bill Dentinger

PS

We had MARK WILLIAMS make custom half shafts for our TALISMAN
(Herald/Spitfire axles).  They were expensive, but we are pleased with them.