fot

RE: Overdrive Question -a few (final) technical comments

To: "'Guyots3@wmconnect.com'" <Guyots3@wmconnect.com>,
Subject: RE: Overdrive Question -a few (final) technical comments
From: Terry and Cindy <roadandtrack@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:55:10 -0000
The Leyland Sprint racing overdrive referred to was upgraded to that
pressure by a mix and match of Laycock parts. They also were the first
Triumph use of the solid piston in the dashpot, which deleted the use of 1
cushioning spring. The solid piston became a factory fit shortly therafter

The Sprint race o/d also had a modified "Z passage" that I have described
in emails to others in this forum. Also, they added  a steel ring to the
wearing central splined thrust face on the cone clutch

I know all this cause I built several of them in the Dolomite Sprint racing
days and still have a complete one sitting under my bench. I have also got
the Laycock drawings of the modifications which they sent us to do, as we
were then working on new cars

terry o'beirne
australia