fot

October 1-2 SWMS race report

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: October 1-2 SWMS race report
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 12:39:07 -0600
Triumphs in the wasteland...............Couple of Triumphs ran with us this
weekend.  Greg Hilyer in his TR4 had DP locked up and was really fast  which
is impressive because I don't think the track favors TR's.  Tom Britt in his
Spitfire struggled to keep it cool all weekend long but made it to the checker
in the final race.  Greg's TR4 broke and therefore handed DP over to me in my
Elva.  The first six cars at our event were all within a second of each other
and made for some great competition.  This heated level led to a Sprite going
off in turn one and hooking it back onto the track and spearing another
Sprite, knocking him up on two wheels then over on his head while catching
some pretty good air.  He then came down on his head and slid along the track
upside down til the car caught and flipped all the way over one more time
finally coming to rest on his wheels.  Driver hopped out OK but with road rash
on his helmet.  It's making me think about the height of my rollbar and
discussion should liven up our usually boring board
meetings...............Cheers from New Mexico,   Henry Morrison