fot

Another Over drive ???

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Over drive ???
From: "rob" <19to1tr6@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:53:50 -0400
 I have been using my A type all season  about 6 events   I have a 4:10 diff
and need 4th  od to keep the  rpm at 6k or under  on the straights  I have
used it very little in other gears
 Once engaged at about 5900 rpm it would drop the rpm to 5400rpm  a 500 rpm
drop  Then I would have a slow clime back to 6000 rpm  This weekend i got
engagment but would go right up to 6000 The lever is adjusted properly, and
the  fluid level is correct and change once this season
  In the drive way with the car on jacks  at 3500 rpm in 4th i get a 300 rpm
drop and it quickly re gains  (there is no load on the drive train) but I am
trying to hold the gas steady

 Is there a specific rpm drop   for each engagement?
Could this be worn clutchs               thanks   rob
.