fot

Re: Nitriding and Crankshaft Durability

To: "Larry Young" <larry.young@pobox.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nitriding and Crankshaft Durability
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:22:29 -0700
Have you ever heard of cryogenically treating metal?  It use the reverse
process(kinda) or nitrating, cooling instead of heating.  You don't have to
do anything to the part to retrue it after treatment.  I have a cryo treated
crank in my TR6 for about 17 race weekends or the equivalent of about 2000
race miles.
^Charly
TR6 #44