fot

Re: Nitriding and Crankshaft Durability

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nitriding and Crankshaft Durability
From: "John W" <john@race-dogs.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:50:03 -0700
Cryo treating doesn't harden the metal like Nitriding does - It does change
the metal, how you'll have to ask Chuck Gee here on the board. I use Cryo
treatment on all my brake parts including the pads. The Company Chuck works
for BodyCote does this and does all my cranks exclusively as well as many
aftermarket manufactures of cranks and such. The items all need to be
machined first and only polishing after since the heat treatment is only a
few thousands thick, as well as compensating for the metal swelling, if you
grind a crank after you would take away the treatment.

John W.
Spitfire #892 DP
240z CP3