fot

Yokohama A048

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yokohama A048
From: "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:55:12 -0700
The left coast has discovered the A048 and so far the reviews are
favorable...at least in this small, unofficial survey.  CSRG ran their October
event this past weekend and I had a chance to talk to a few of the drivers
about the tires they were using.  Several I spoke with were running the A048
and without exception, they all liked both the tires grip and low amount of
wear.  Granted none of these cars has run more than three events but all felt
they could get a good number of races out of the tire.  The last two races
have been held at Laguna Seca and Infineon, both with many tight turns.  All
ordered the tires through TIre Rack and received them in a matter of days so
availability wasn't a problem.  One of the cars was the former Steve Froines,
1965 National Championship TR-4 and current driver Tide Ebbding said the A048s
were the best he'd had on the car.

Gary