fot

RE: Yokohama A048

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Yokohama A048
From: "Keith Files" <kef@filesk.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:54:49 +0100
Dear All,

It is very rarely that I write about any subject on the FOT list but I do
enjoy following the threads.

I have been running A0048's on my TR6 over here in the UK for the last 6
months and whilst I have only run 4 events with them, including the
Silverstone GP circuit, I have to say that I find them the equal of my old
A008's. The wear rate is very low and the grip is tremendous. They are very
predictable and you can power slide/drift them with ease. The big surprise
is that you need to run them between 20-22 psi to get the best out of them;
I started at 28psi (my pressure setting for the A008's) and they behaved
like a cold tyre i.e. little grip and when the warmed up they went off
really quickly.

Hope this helps.

Keith.

Btw I have 2 brand new A008 205/15/60 tyres which I might be persuaded to
sell if anybody wants them.