fot

Re: Fast Warm Up

To: vintage.racer@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fast Warm Up
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:04:45 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/05 7:49:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vintage.racer@comcast.net writes:

<< Question: with the car idling at 1000 rpm in
 the garage and after initial startup, in eight to nine minutes the water temp
 reaches 200 degrees F.  Would this be considered normal?  If not, what is a
 normal warm-up timeframe and temp?  Thanks. >>

My guess is that with no fan, that time is very good.  I am surprised that it
doesn't warm up much faster.  My engines certainly do.  When flying on the
track, the fan does not do anything in the way of cooling.