fot

Re: Fast Warm Up

To: "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fast Warm Up
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:28:59 -0500
Sounds pretty much like what my Spitfire did before I put a fan back on.

As someone mentioned, the fan does nothing on the race track that >60 mph
doesn't do better -- but I also autocross my race car and that is more
intense engine use followed by sitting and percolating, then repeat 3-4
times. But I got rid of the heavy Triumph fan and installed a cut-down
6-blade Corvette plastic fan, very light. I seldom get over 180 water temp
now, even with the really long warmups I do to get the oil temp up.

--Rocky Entriken