fot

catch cans

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: catch cans
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:33:43 EST
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Amici,

I have a question.

My wife does not like travelling in my Vitesse, due to the open ventilation
from the rocker cover. I presently have a hose from the rocker cover running
into a cannister intended for a racing bike's drink container, it is not sealed
to the atmosphere and with the engine running, some of the oil smoke escapes
and makes it's way into the cabin, which is admittedly somewhat unpleasant.

I have been considering using an aluminum catch can intended for use as a
coolant overflow tank.

Please see the links below, to the Summit Racing and the Jeg's websites and
take a look at these respective catch cans. I am concerned that because they
are not vented, then the hot oil vapour under pressure could potentially build
up to the point at which an explosion could occur? I would appreciate your
opinion on this?

Best Regards

Leon<A
HREF="http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=catch+can&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp&x=29&y=19";>

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=catch+can&Ntk=KeywordSearch&;
DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp&x=29&y=19</A>

and

<A
HREF="http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&productId=318770&parent_category_rn=&showValue=1&JegsPopup=ProductDisplayPopup";>http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&;
storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&productId=318770&parent_category_rn=&showValue=1&
JegsPopup=ProductDisplayPopup</A>

The Jeg's part # is 555-51135

Thanks again

Leon