fot

Re: catch cans

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: catch cans
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:24:31 -0800
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Leon, I don't recall which type of cars or manifold you have on your car, I
think Webers, but the easy solution is to hook up a small amount of vacuum
to the breather or tank.  This is done on the later motors with the
Strombergs on them and I've also been told it keeps the intake passages and
rockers cleaner, especially the carbs.
The main thing is you try not to get to much vacuum to the breather as this
would act like a vacuum leak.  The next thing is you'd need to have a vented
oil filler cap or some other means of allowing the vacuum in or you might
collapse hoses.  You could use a nonvented cap if your hoses were actual
vacuum hoses.  You'd have to be careful how much vacuum you apply to the
valve cover because you can cause problems with sucking oil or creating to
much negative pressure in the motor.
MGB use this type of system on the late cars and have a bushing in the
vacuum line with about a 1/32" hole in it.

Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44