fot

Re: Hallett Shootout - Car Classification

To: larry.young@pobox.com
Subject: Re: Hallett Shootout - Car Classification
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:18:33 EST
Guys

    In the future, I would recommend that FOT require the sanctioning body to
at least allow later model Triumphs to participate - if only on a exhibition
basis - before it agrees to participate as a "national" event. Whereas I do
have another "vintage" car that would qualify for participation in this event
if
the TR7 or TR8 are excluded, other FOTer may not be so fortunate.

    Frankly, one of the challenges of those of us who own historic racing
TR7s and TR8s are finding venues where these cars are allowed to run. I have a
great deal of respect for CVAR philosophy about racecars being historically
correct. However, I do not understand why CVAR will not accept cars that are
newer
that are historically correct - but will end up accepting older cars that are
clearly not historically correct for this race.

    Frankly, I from time to time wonder if FOT itself has not gone a little
to much toward modernization of triumph technology than preservation of
history. I fully understand the need for speed, just wondering if we aren't
pursuing
it too much.

    Uncle Jack - I found a couple of tachs that have the 15K RPM range you
recommended for the new TR3 engine.

Season Greeting To All, Cary

In a message dated 11/29/2005 1:31:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,