fot

RE: Hallett Shootout - Car Classification

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hallett Shootout - Car Classification
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:57:30 -0600
It's not the depth of the grass, it's the fact that after you run out of
pavement it keeps going downhill. While making this trip you will be
looking at a stand of trees protected by a tire wall. Eyes get large.
Once you miss the turn-in, it's off camber, full of marbles and very
difficult to get turned. One time I went in too hot and in a last ditch
effort I successfully hooked a 90 and caught it before the grass, One of
my worst moves of all time.  The turn called the bitch is a joy once you
master it, exciting to watch while people struggle with it. Personally,
I don't like turn 1.  It's a full out, downhill left after the downhill
front straight.  It's easy when you are alone, which is almost never.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
16415 North IH35
RDO Equipment Co.