fot

Re: Car Classification -.... and RULES

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Classification -.... and RULES
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:44:34 -0800 (PST)
Everyone has their points, and they're all valid. Depending on what
your "cup of tea" happens to be there seems to be an organization that
ones needs. Though the biggest "fault" I see within vintage racing
scene is the fact that the REAL historically significant cars were
certaintly not put away "wet" come 1972 or whatever the "prep cutoff
date" happens to be. Most continued to race and were obviously
modified accordingly to the changing rules, and many are not allowed
now to race with a majority of the vintage organizations. For instance
I don't think it's right to see an organization allow an MGB that is
built from a brand new shell, making it a year or two old car, race
and not something significant such as a Huffaker MGB or something
along those lines. It's not like a car prepped to 1978 rules is going
to run away, especially if they're using vintage tires (when it comes
to rock hard, bias ply tires, "coil-overs" aren't going to be that
much faster, if they are at all, same goes for some fender flares (and
no I'm not talking flares like modern day SCCA Prod. cars) if anything
the car should be slower with them than a stock fendered car due to
the increase in aero drag). O well..

  -Bob Adams