fot

RE: new topic-oil coolers for my TR4A

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: new topic-oil coolers for my TR4A
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:09:14 -0600
I have examined a wealth of ideas and come to a decision for what I am
going to do with my car. I really do not want to open a hole in the
front valance in order to keep the car as it was raced in the 60's. I've
decided to take advantage of the larger aluminum radiator and its better
cooling capacity. From what I've read, it is best to mount the oil
cooler vertically. I'll be mounting my cooler vertically on the right
hand side of the grill opening (looking in). This puts it directly in
front of the radiator tank on the right side of my cross flow radiator.
I'll have to be creative since I can't mount it to the radiator itself,
but I'll be able to run the hoses cleanly and away from the airflow of
the radiator and hide it behind the grill and a custom shroud. I know
from experience that these things need to be mounted on rubber isolators
so I'll be building a box of sorts to mount to the skid plate. What a
shame to have that nice mounting area and not be able to use it.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
16415 North IH35
RDO Equipment Co.