fot

Re: front caliper question

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front caliper question
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:12:47 -0800 (PST)
Jack: Sometimes things are way too coincidental. While your were
typing your e-mail last night I was fighting the seals on a set of
TR3A pistons/calipers. You know the ones I'm talking about. I've tried
so many different methods to get them in and haven't found an easy way
yet. It only gets tougher as the night wears on. From what I can tell
and you probably know, there were three different calipers on
TR2-3's. The 1st being the type with the bridging pipe connecting the
two halves. The second type look like TR4-6 calipers, but are longer
and require a longer brake pad much to my error last night.I only had
later caliper brake pads which are retained with pins in stock. The
calipers used on the 3B and TR4 use this caliper. It is slightly
shorter, and uses a pad that pins in place and is also shorter. Though
the calipers appear to be the same as the pre '75 TR6 calipers the
pads for this type are a different P/N completely. It peaked my
curiosity last night, but not enough to get me to look around for a set
of '6 calipers to do a comparison.