fot

RE: GT6 Mk 1 Engines

To: "'John Kipping'" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 Mk 1 Engines
From: "Terry And Cindy" <roadandtrack@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:39:52 +1000
The King bearings are truly excellent. We use them regularly in older race
engines

The original main bearings are only bi-metal and definitely not up to the
rigours of racing. We used to regularly kill them 20+ years ago , but at
that time, no upgraded spec material was available for that size. You can do
what John suggests and move the tangs slightly, and go to a newer spec
tri-metal bearing for the mains. You definitely need the latest alecular
material for the rods, or failing that, copper-leads as per BMC Diesel

Terry O'Beirne