fot

Re: GT6 Mk 1 Engines

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Mk 1 Engines
From: John Kipping <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 07:03:06 +1300
The main bearings were remade a few years by King in Israel, the quality
was fine and these early engines are OK with any material. I seem to
remember in any case that Metro turbo bearings could be used - (these
are  lead/copper with the turbo bit), however these would all be the
narrow type rather than the wide type fitted to front and rear
originally.....and the correct locating tags in the block and cap for
the two centre ones would need adding with a file.
We always used MGB bearings for the big ends, but the diesel ones to get
the lead/copper type. Not as wide as original, and strictly speaking for
a crank about .001" bigger, again it didn't seem to be a problem.

John Kipping.