fot

Re: Starters

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starters
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 08:25:09 -0500
Jack & list.  The "other" starters" were advertised to be a Denso made
in China.  Since Denso does not have a plant in China, this makes it a bit
difficult to believe. (the Denso attornies thought the same thing.  The
starter in question is a Chines made knock-off of a Denso. It is brought
into the States in pieces then assembled here.  Our starter is a Denso,
not a copy.  The Chinese unit has been replaced in large companies, who
bought on price, by the Denso due to quality issues with the Chinese
unit.  My thanks for all the FOT support and positive coments.  On the
subject of wires inside,  the ajority of vibration related problems are
on extremely high rev cars ike a Formula Atlantic car.  Ted