fot

Re: TR3/4 CARB LINKAGE

To: grandwazoo@earthlink.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3/4 CARB LINKAGE
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:54:05 EST
In a message dated 02/02/2006 10:45:26 PM Central Standard Time,
grandwazoo@earthlink.net writes:

> Changed mine to a pull cable to also avoid all the flopping around the
> original linkage is capable of if not carefully maintained.  I could
> take a couple of pictures if you wish.  Only light fabrication
> required for a pretty nice installation that is then trouble free.

Amici:

Many years ago Mike Belfer converted my throttle linkage to a pull cable, and
also moved it to the center.  It was a simple conversion, and it works slick.
 However, if I had my druthers, I think I would prefer a mechanical set up to
the cable.  We have experienced cable failures from time to time (and always
at the most inopportune time).  Another issue is that we often discovered a
burnt end at the cable break.  The cable failure was the result of the
electrical system deciding to ADD another grounding point at a throttle cable
connection.

Switching to a mechanical set up is not an option open to us on the Thunder
Bolt, but is probably an option to consider on my TR3.

Bill Dentinger