fot

RE: Oil Pump Capacity

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Pump Capacity
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:03:30 -0800
> I don't know the exact number, but it's easy to figure out.
>
> I know for a fact that if you start up the engine with the Accusump
> hose inadvertently not connected, you will get a shot of 40 wt about
> 15 feet across the garage in about two seconds.
>
> Just apply a little calculus............:)

But don't forget that the pump is positive displacement, which means it's output
goes up with rpm.  That means roughly 10 times as much oil at 8000 rpm as at 800
rpm.  Less of course whatever goes through the pressure relief valve (assuming
the relief valve is before the plumbing to the cooler).

Randall