fot

RE: timing chain tensioners (double row TR6 style)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: timing chain tensioners (double row TR6 style)
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:37:02 GMT
I don't know that I would say that the TR3/4 tensioners are no trouble.  I
have had a few break on me, but the failures have not caused anything
catastophic, yet.  When I pulled the pan for my winter rebuild this year there
were shreds of steel in the pan.  Sure enough a piece of the tensioner had
broken and got shredded in the timing gears.
I would really like a new timing chain tensioing system for the TR3/4 engines
as well.  Joe(B)