fot

Re: Oil choice

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil choice
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 02:41:59 GMT
I used Mobil 1 for a few years, but stoppped not because of failure, but on
the recommendation of my machine shop.  They told me that Mobil 1 lacks
additives to help prevent cam wear.  Also that some engine manufacturors and
cam manufacturors would not warranty a cam failure if Mobil 1 was used.  I
have been using Redline since.  I credit the Redline for saving my Moldex
crank when I had an oil pump failure and siezed the motor.  Rods were toast,
but the crank just needed grinding 10 under and straightening.  Joe(B)