fot

Re: Intake gaskets

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: Intake gaskets
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 09:32:06 -0500
Steve Smith asked:

>Do I recall some one mentioning heavy duty intake manifold gaskets a while
>back?  I thought it was from Moss and I thought for the six cylinder but
>Moss doesn't have an answer.  Any body recall?  Ideally I'm looking for
>extra material at the top of the intakes.
>Alternatively, anybody know what gasket material to specify from
>Mcmaster-carr or whoever...

Steve, I had no imput on this earlier thread, but the stock TR6 manifold
gasket
that I received from Moss looked pretty good to me; it had the raised ridges
around
the ports that we see on gaskets for modern cars, so I would expect it to
perform
pretty well, though this may not be the "heavy duty" item of which you
speak.
Give me a few months and I'll let you know how it holds up!

Shane Ingate in Maryland