fot

[FOT] underseal

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] underseal
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:15:52 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2006 8:54:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 03:06:57 +0000
> From: jcjcarrera@comcast.net
> Subject: [FOT] Undercoating
>
> Any suggestions on how to remove old undercoating without harming the
> underlying finish. A great TR4A I purchased last Sept was undercoated on day
>one,
> and I'd like to remove some serious undercoat overspray from the engine
> compartment.
>
> Thanks, John James

Hi JJ,

I did it one time, Christmas 1986, 2 days solid work on the underside of my
Vitesse rear bodyshell turned upside down, destroyed two sets of old work
clothes, used flat scrapers and a gallon of some unknown Swedish solvent. Nasty
job, results made it all worthwhile though.

ps. underseal is heavy, so it should save you some weight,

Good Luck,

Leon

<A
HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963";>http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963</A>