fot

Re: Fw: Re: [FOT] History Question

To: whimsey1@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [FOT] History Question
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:37:45 EST
In a message dated 02/23/2006 5:20:14 PM Central Standard Time,
whimsey1@earthlink.net writes:

>      I'm as astounded as you!  The car was called a "Cad-Triumph" and was
> most definitely a pre TR Triumph Roadster.  The driver that day was George
> Bare of Cedar Rapids and the car carried number 66.   As I alluded to
>earlier,
> being an Allard guy I'm intrigued especially when I think about the original
> brakes they had to either live with or replace.   Remember that the gear
>shift
> on that thing originally was on the column as well but if they put a Cad in
> then there must have been some other serious (!) surgery done somewhere under
> there.

Blows my mind.  Sounds like a catastrophe waiting to happen...even before you
turn it on.

I have a friend in Dubuque.  He's the right age, and a long time dyed in the
wool sportscar racing buff.  I'll try to run the story by him to see if he has
any recollection.

Bill Dentinger