fot

Re: [FOT] Old Helmets STILL GOOD FOR SOMETHING....

To: tstrange@sbcglobal.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Old Helmets STILL GOOD FOR SOMETHING....
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:34:53 EST
In a message dated 03/01/2006 7:26:35 PM Central Standard Time,
tstrange@sbcglobal.net writes:

>     I asked the bell mfg people if helmets could be relined/ re
> certified etc... they absolutley will not do it... (say its illegal)...
>     However, at least for Bell, if we drop one, have an accident etc.,
> we can send the helmet to them for free checking.  They told me that
> if there is any damage they will automatically offer us a "substantial
> discount" on a new helmet.

Amici:

I predict any helmet Tom drops and sends in for checking will 'need
replacing,' and the substantial discount will be similar to the Distributor's
markup,
who is out of the loop at this point.

Anyone else out there wondering why these crash helmets are so FRAGILE?

Bill (Damdinger)