fot

Re: [FOT] Accusump Mounting

To: cartravel@pobox.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Accusump Mounting
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 13:43:58 -0500
Larry Young asked:

>A 2 qt accusump is 12" long.  I've never seen it done, but t seems like it
>ought to fit under the hood.

I mounted my 3 qt Accusump on the driveshaft tunnel; plenty of room, even
with the air pressure gauge.  I prefer the manual valve and so needed to get
to it when strapped into my seat.

I also figure that it may make a nice radiant heat source (when full with
warm oil) in the winter, and it makes a comfortable arm rest.

There is a ton of room in a TRs engine bay; I have parties there all the
time.  If you relocate the battery, that frees up the firewall shelf for
small odds and ends (fuel logs, regulators, MSD boxes, DIS, remote oil
filters, etc).  Up by the radiator is a good place for the accumulator, as
well as mounting it on the wheel arches.

Shane Ingate in Maryland