fot

Re: [FOT] Clutches

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Clutches
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:36:35 -0800
Tony, we've been looking for the same solution, thanks for asking.
I had 3 B&B clutch problems in 1 year.  The first time the spring steel tabs
that locate the cover to the pressure plate came loose.  Then the center of
the clutch plate ripped loose, held by three rivets.  Then another cover
failure at the steel tabs again.
I then went to a rebuilt LUK (laycock) and had very few problems except I
burned the clutch disc (it was a used one).
I've been searching for a good replacement and haven't found anybody
knowledgeable about whether a Tilton or Quartermaster is a simple
installation.  There is a B&B HD clutch, but from what I understand it's the
same as the stock with heavier springs.
Let me know if you find anything, we need at least 2 here.

Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44