fot

RE: [FOT] Clutches

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Clutches
From: "Don Carter" <don@carterdesignassociates.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:28:55 -0600
Joe,
Is the LuK the same plate and cover that is used in non-turbo 900 Saabs?  I
used one of these and auto-x it for almost 10 years before it started
slipping.  I'd love to know how to get another.  I've checked with the Saab
dealer here in Houston and they can order them, but the price at almost $500
is a little steep. My original one bought from TRF about 15 years ago was
because that's all the stock they had at the time. (At least that's what I
was lead to believe.) I didn't know it was a Saab part until I opened it and
a Saab disclaimer was on a small piece of paper inside...saying in which
Saab model this clutch was to be installed...(like a fortune cookie).

Don W. Carter, AIA
Carter Design Associates
6213 Skyline Dr., Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77057